YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:
1. An account has been set up at First Federal here in Port Angeles under:
GORDON BOWLBY BENEFIT
Checks written to “Gordon Bowlby Benefit” will be collected in this account for the next year, at least.
2. Click on the Paypal button to make a credit card donation, which will also be deposited into the Gordon Bowlby Benefit account. BUTTON WILL BE UP AND RUNNING by MAY 1…. I hope!
APRIL 30, 2pm-8pm
124 Railroad in Port Angeles
We have a friend going through a tough patch and I hope you’ll consider how you might help.
Gordon Bowlby was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, underwent what they hope is a successful surgery (the cancer was discovered VERY early), but then suffered through two post-op blood clots. He’s been out of work (at 7 Cedars Casino) for quite a while without pay! Though much of the medical costs will be covered, his monthly paycheck is not.
SO..…..(and I apologize for such short notice….) several of his friends are organizing a special musical benefit to help. And this is great music from some of the peninsula’s best musicians –
Ches and Friends
Joy in Mudville
Plan to partake in a
super silent auction,
a couple raffles, and
all manner of wallet-emptying temptations to help Gordon.
We’re unsure if we’ll have a credit card set up, so please bring cash/checks instead of Uncle VISA.
Many of you may be unaware that Gordon’s dancing bass lines find a home almost every Wednesday at The New Moon with Ches Ferguson and Friends. I’ve truly enjoyed listening to him, meeting his family, and just getting reacquainted. But right now he needs some help!
- What? You’d like to help and can’t make it to Port Angeles for the event? We’re working on establishing a Gordon Bowlby Benefit account and hope to have it up and running in a couple more days…. and y’all will be the first to know the particulars once that’s done.
- What? You’d like to help with a donation for the silent auction? Damn fine idea! Give me a jingle, 360-460-1236 or reply to this email.
- What? You have time to help with set up, decorations, and tear down? Yippity skippity! I want to talk with you!! 360-460-1236.
- What? You want to contact Gordon directly? He has a Facebook page under “Gordon Bowlby Sr.”
Life does take some unwanted turns, doesn’t it? Port Angeles still enjoys an astonishing level of neighborliness and I’m sure it will bring us together in tough times, like now, for our friend Gordon. Hope you can help!